Every inch of storage space counts when you’re on the road. That’s why we’ve developed this list of 20 best RV organization tips and tricks to help you make the most out of your space and protect your stuff while traveling and camping! 1. Pack safely by layering bubble wrap or non-skid liner between your dishes. Can koozies will help protect your favorite glasses, too.
2. Store grains & pasta in airtight containers, and keep hidden away in a cool microwave or oven when not in use. This is a great way to keep out unwanted critters and utilize unused space.
3. Use self-stick magnet strips to secure and show off photos. Lightweight plastic photo sleeves can also be Velcroed to the wall to display photos.
4. Use extra large air-tight or vacuum-packed bags to store linens like sheets & blankets in your underneath storage areas.
5. Easy-to-remove hooks from 3M won't leave residue on your walls and they'll come in handy for your bathrobe, kitchen tools, cables, and other hangables.
6. Cut 2-3” PVC tubes into 4” lengths and adhere the pipes to the inside of cabinet doors. These work great to store coiled cords and hair appliances.
7. Recycle old plastic jelly & mayo containers to hold beans, rice, flour, and sugar.
8.You can also recycle old Rx containers (remove the label) to hold spare keys or an emergency stash of quarters for laundry.
9. Old laundry detergent bottles work great for safely storing used motor or cooking oil. Just make sure your cap is super tight and the bottle is labeled.
10. Store sheet sets inside the matching pillow case.
11. Free up drawer space by putting silverware upright in recycled cans (Chunky Soup or Pringles cans work good) or containers covered with cute shelf liner. The cans should be secured to a shelf or counter with strong Velcro tape. This also makes for easy transport to the picnic table outside.
12. Keep baby wipes on-hand for easy stain removal, and re-purpose the plastic container for storing everything from small documents to makeup, to kitchen gadgets, and a first aid kit.
13. Using painter’s tape and magnetic chalkboard paint, create your own message board on the front of a cabinet or closet door. Important notes and paperwork can be attached with magnetic binder clips.
14. Leave the iron at home and de-wrinkle your clothing with a solution of 50/50 fabric softener and water. Lightly spritz over your clothes and press the wrinkles out by hand, then let air dry. Keep the solution on-hand in a spray bottle to use for freshening up your RV cushions and carpet.
15. Clean your cast iron pots & pans with coarse salt and a soft sponge. The salt is a natural abrasive and will lift away grease and food residue, and will preserve the pans seasoning. Rinse away salt and wipe dry.
16. Create cupboard dividers with short tension rods positioned vertically every couple inches. This is great for separating cutting boards and platters, and frees up shelf space.
17. Keep moths and other insects at bay by taping Bay Leaves inside your cabinets.
18. Fruits and veggies will last longer in your fridge if you rinse & store in an air-tight bag with a folded paper towel. The paper towel will limit rotting.
19. Use a pop-up laundry hamper or laundry bag that can be folded flat when not in use.
20. Wipe counters frequently to reduce ant trails. Ants will be attracted to water in your sinks and tanks, so make sure they’re emptied when not being used.
Check out some other tips here. RV Organization Tips Visit Lakeshore-RV.com for all you RV needs or Call 231-903-6220 to speak with one of our RV Sales Representatives. Got a tip for us? leave us a comment below if you’ve got any useful RV organization DIY tips that could go on our list!