There's a reason why Grand Haven State Park was named one of the best secret beaches ON EARTH! The 48-acre park rests on the sandy shores of pristine Lake Michigan. Visitors can sunbathe and keep tabs on the passing freighters out on the big lake, or the watch the sailboats coming and going from the Grand River channel. Cute shops and delicious eateries are just minutes by foot (Check out the infamous Pronto Pups!). Camping at Grand Haven State Park books up early every year, and there's good reason why! Another Grand Haven RV option includes Campers Paradise, a smaller private campground with 107 sites just two miles form the beach. Although the park is inland, it is also located within city limits, is close to shopping and restaurants. Campers Paradise offers full electrical hook-up with laundry facilities and free WiFi. * * *
- Hoffmaster State Park in the southern part of the county includes a 297 site modern campground nestled under a fortress of pine & dunes, with 3 miles of sandy Lake Michigan shoreline. Visitors enjoy its Gillette Sand Dune Visitor Center but return for the miles of dune hiking and stunning views of Lake Michigan.
- Muskegon State Park offers campers two miles of sandy Lake Michigan shoreline, and 1 mile of great fishing on Muskegon Lake frontage, which includes a boat launch and fishing pier. Choose a modern RV site at the foot of a dune or along the Muskegon Lake Channel across from the USS Silversides and Great Lakes Naval Museum. The park also includes 12 miles of hiking trails and a bathhouse on Lake Michigan. Michigan's Adventure is also only ten minutes away!
- Duck Creek RV Resort is a newer resort located directly across from Michigan's Adventure. The resort is a modern campground featuring extended amenities including a laundry room, camp store, and paved roads. The family will love the heated pool & spa, or just sitting back watching the coasters go up, down and around from across the road.
- Lake Sch-Nepp-A-Ho offers RVers full hook-up, large pull-thru lots, and the choice of a wooded or lake-front site. Visitors will enjoy the 2-mile proximity to Michigan's Adventure and the family atmosphere.
- Pioneer Park is a Muskegon County-maintained park located with 2,000 feet of Lake Michigan frontage, about 5 minutes north of Muskegon State Park. The park features 235 wooded sites under old oak, maple, and pine trees, with water and electric hook-ups, restrooms, showers, and a dump station. This park is a family-favorite with plenty of activities offered for the young and young-at-heart!
Check back later this week for camping suggestions near Ludington and Silver Lake, and in the meantime, please leave us your own tips for camping in West Michigan! This week we're talking about the best West Michigan campgrounds from Grand Haven north to Sleeping Bear Dunes. There are so many awesome places to take the family we had to break it into two separate posts. Read our blog about the best campgrounds in Grand Haven and Muskegon
- Cartier Park Campground is a full hook-up park located on Lincoln Lake, only minutes from the Ludington car ferry, city beach, and Ludington State Park. Rent by day, week, or month.
- Kibby Creek Travel Park is conveniently located in the quiet country between Ludington and Pentwater. The park includes laundry and game rooms, fish ponds and cleaning stations (with freezers). The kids will love the heated swimming pool and playground.
- Lakeview Campsite is situation on beautiful Upper Hamlin Lake 10 miles north of Ludington. The park includes 110 large sites with electric and water hook-ups, dump station, swimming pool, convenience store, group camping area, boat docking, excellent fishing and plenty of wildlife.
- Laman's Landing also located on Upper Hamlin Lake, this family campground offers large shaded lots with full hook-up. Fun extras include a heated indoor-outdoor pool, boat launch and docks.
- Poncho's Pond R.V. Park boasts 250 modern campsites with full hook-up, a fitness center, two outdoor heated pools and one indoor pool, plus two spas.
- Silver Creek RV Resort is a newer RV resort close to Silver Lake Sand Dunes. The resort has 257 sites with full hook-up, cable, telephone, sewer, water, camp store, heated pool & spa, kid's pool & playground. The RV park is also close to Lake Michigan and Silver Lake beaches.
- Vacation Station RV Resort is conveniently located near downtown Ludington and Lake Michigan, offering guests 155 level sites with full hook-up, paved roads, heated pool and spa, laundry, store/snack bar, game room, and clubhouse.