Bath bombs are the beauty industry’s biggest craze, but what if we told you that "bath bombs" exist for your RV toilet? Before you go running over to your local Lush store and ask for toilet bombs, stop and take a look! This is an awesome, easy DIY project that will help to clean your RV’s icky, sticky, stinky black tank! Forget the chemicals, soaps, and long-handled sprayers and whip up some of your own black tank cleaning bombs!
What You’ll Need:
- 1/3 cup each of:
- 1 tsp. water
- Large silicone ice tray, bath bomb mold, or other sizable round mold
- Essential oils (optional)
- Mix the baking soda, borax, and citric acid together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of water and continue to mix. Slight fizzing is normal.
- If you want to add a little extra fragrance, also add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil (optional). This is not at all necessary as this bomb is going right down the toilet (literally), and chances are you may never smell it, but it’s worth a try!
- The ingredients should remain as dry as possible while binding together. If the mixture remains as a loose powder, add more water little by little until it binds without getting mushy and too wet. You'll want to the mixture to stay as dry as possible!
- Once the mixture is the perfect consistency, press spoonfuls of the mixture tightly into molds. If you care about the appearance of the bombs, use a bath bomb mold. However, the nature of where this bomb is going makes a simple silicone mold perfectly acceptable too! This recipe should make nine bombs.
- Let bombs dry overnight, then pop them out and store them in an airtight container until you need to use them.
Instructions For Use:
**If you’d like to skip the molding step, mix up the dry ingredients and store in an airtight container, then measure out ½ cup of the powder and dump into the toilet. No bomb shape needed.
- After dumping your black tank, make sure there is some water in the tank.
- Place one black tank bomb in the toilet. Mix it with a small amount of water until it starts to fizz, then flush it down into the black tank. (Bonus: This will clean your toilet up too!)
- The bombs will continue to fizz and clean the tank. You’ll get a little extra cleaning power if you’re going to hit the road right after draining your black tank, as the swaying motion during travel will help to spread the fizzy effect throughout more of the tank!
These awesome black tank cleaning bombs are compact, easy, free of harsh chemicals, and are super efficient for getting your RV’s black tank sparkling clean! They even make great gifts for all the other RVers in your life, especially those who love bath bombs too!
Here at Lakeshore RV, we’re all about finding easy, convenient, and safe ways to keep your RV sparkling clean and running like new! If you’re in the market, we have hundreds of new RVs for sale in Muskegon, with an overflowing on-site inventory! Even if your credit is in the toilet, just like these tank cleaning bombs, our financing department will work hard to find you an affordable payment plan to fit your budget! It’s just one of the many ways we flush out the competition!
Try out these fantastic black tank cleaning bombs and let us know how well they worked for you!