Johnson is coming off his five win of the season and heads to Martinsville Speedway for the Goody’s Headache Relief Shot 500 Powered By Kroger having won the April race here.
Johnson could be on the verge of winning his sixth championship since 2006 and will look to improve on his points lead on the half-mile oval, which opened in 1947, has seating for over 60,000 fans.
Many of those fans will be camping for the week and there are several options available for those planning on staying in their RV’s.
INDIAN HERITAGE RV PARK
This 29-site campground is just two miles from the race track and offers the following:
- 30 and 50 amp lots with full-service water and sewer
- WiFi access
- Fire rings with wood
- Trash receptacles on each site
- Heated bath house with lounge area
- Sites for Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel, Toy Haulers, and Motorhomes
Rates range from $20-$30 a night.
For more information http://indianheritagervpark.net
This is a 51-site campground that is 20 miles from the speedway.
The campground offers the following amenities:
- 22 sites with water, electric and sewer hookup
- 16 sites with water and electric sites
- Free WiFi
- Bathhouse with showers and toilets
- Picnic tables and fire rings at each site
- Swimming pool
- Camp store
- Sites for Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels, Toy Haulers, and Motorhomes
Rates range from $24-$30 daily and $132-$180 weekly.
For more information http://www.danrivercampground.com
Located 13 miles from the speedway, this 93-site campground sits on Philpott Lake.
This campground also offers:
- 48 sites with electric and water connections for Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels, Toy Haulers and Motorhomes
- Bath and shower facilities
- Flush toilets
- Playground and swimming beach
- Picnic and fire rings at each site
Rates range from $20 daily to $140 a week.
For more information http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Salthouse_Branch
The Martinsville Speedway has reserved camping available on the backstretch and third turn. These areas are for season ticket holders only. The majority of the campsites at Martinsville Speedway are general admission and those sites may be purchased in advance or at the Campground Entrance once you arrive at the track. General Admission fee is $100 (for your entire stay) for Sprint Cup races. To hold your spot you must place a RV on site at the time of your arrival. There is no infield parking.
For more information www.martinsvillespeedway.com
Visit Lakeshore-RV.com for all you RV needs or Call 888-743-8278 to speak with one of our RV Sales Representatives.