I just came across this recipe and since nothing says campfire breakfast like a delicious egg scramble, I thought I would share this recipe for you guys to try this weekend. Stoke your campfire, brew the coffee, try my egg scramble recipe and let me know what you think!
Here are the ingredients you will need to serve 4-6 people:
1 dozen eggs
1 package bacon, turkey bacon or meatless bacon 🙂
½ cup onion, chopped
½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
Handful of fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 8oz pkg shredded cheddar cheese
And here are the utensils you will need:
Spoon & fork
Large serving bowl
- Ok campers, lets begin making these eggs! Start by cutting your bacon into thirds and place into the skillet.
- Place your skillet over the fire and once the bacon begins frying, stir to separate the pieces. Cook the bacon until about half-way done – light brown in color, then add the chopped onion, pepper and mushrooms.
- Stir the mixture until the bacon is crisp and the veggies are tender.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl & add milk to taste then stir into bacon mixture in the skillet.
- Cook the eggs, stirring constantly until eggs are set.
- Remove the skillet from the fire and pour the mixture into a serving bowl, sprinkle cheese over the top and enjoy!
Looking for a side with Michigan flair to enjoy with your Campfire Eggs? Try a slice or two of whole wheat toast spread with Strawberry-Rhubarb jam. The ensemble is best enjoyed with a cup of Organic Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Light Roast coffee from Higher Grounds Trading Company (a Northwestern Michigan roaster) served in your favorite mug.
Hope all is well in your travels. Until next time, this is SJ from Lakeshore RV Center wishing you good eats and fun travels, because that’s what it’s all about!