Now that Thanksgiving 2010 is in the books, how is your refrigerator looking, is it full of holiday leftovers? Are you packing the travel trailer or fifth wheel for a warm-weather vacation and you need to make your leftovers disappear without being wasteful? If you answer yes to any of the above, this is SJ from Lakeshore RV and I’m here to help.
In this week’s installment of Campground Cooking, I’d like to share two perfect recipes that will use up all of your leftover turkey and can even be easily prepared in your RV’s oven! So enjoy hitting the road and having something easy, fast and delicious to bake. This should only take about an hour total from prep to baking. So pull your turkey leftovers out of the fridge, enjoy them again and wherever your travels take you, have a safe camping trip!
EASY TURKEY BAKE
What you will need:
1 2/3 cups hot water (boil in a tea kettle over your RV’s stove)
1 package Stove Top Stuffing mix for Turkey
4 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 package 14 oz. frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained (fresh is better if available)
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
¾ cup milk
1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat your oven to 350 F.
- Add hot water to the stuffing mix and stir until moistened.
- Combine turkey and broccoli in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the soup, milk and cheese together and pour over turkey and broccoli mixture.
- Top the mixture with the stuffing.
- Bake around 30 minutes or until heated through.
LEFTOVER TURKEY DAY MELT
What you will need:
½ cup leftover turkey meat from thanksgiving dinner, chopped
1 Tbsp. Miracle Whip dressing
1 slice pumpernickel bread
1 Kraft Mild Cheddar Slice (cut in 4 strips)
- If equipped, heat your RV’s toaster oven to 400F.
- Combine the Turkey and Miracle Whip and spread onto bread.
- Top with cheese slice
- Bake around 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
This is the perfect and of course, delicious, way to finish up all your leftover Thanksgiving turkey. I hope that your Thanksgiving holiday was wonderful and that all of you enjoyed plenty of time with your family and friends. This is SJ from Lakeshore RV signing off – until next time, Happy Camping and Good Eating! These recipes are making me hungry, I think I’m going to go and eat some turkey myself…