With St. Patrick’s day coming up, I just have to ask: Are you feeling lucky? Well, if so, this could be your lucky day, because in this week’s blog post, you get a St. Patrick’s Day themed Campground Crafts AND a Campfire Games post. How’s that for St. Patrick’s Day fun? This week I have a few crafts and a fun game that you can do with your children and should provide some family fun around the campsite.
St. Patrick’s Day Bingo Cards
Supplies you will need:
Light green colored paper
Black sharpie marker
Green colored candies
- Lets begin our project! On a piece of light green colored paper, draw squares to make a bingo card 5 across and 6 down – you will have a total of 30 spaces.
- Across the top in the first 5 squares across, write the word l-u-c-k-y.
- Pick any random numbers filling in all of the remaining squares on your bingo card using the numbers 1-50.
- Cut out the bingo card getting rid of any excess green paper on the outside.
- On another piece of green colored paper draw squares and number them from 1-50.
- Cut out each individual number and throw them in the bowl you have ready. These will be the numbers to draw from.
How to play:
Pick a person to draw the numbers from the bowl and when your number is called place a green candy on that number. Play just like regular bingo or make your own rules. I recommend that at the beginning of the game, decide on a grand prize to make the came more competitive and interesting!
St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Hat Chip Bowl
Supplies you will need:
½ gallon round ice cream container (cleaned out of course)
2 or 3 sheets of green construction paper
1 sheet of yellow construction paper
1 sheet black construction paper
Double stick tape
Large circular object
- Trace around a large circular object such as a cereal bowl on the green construction paper with the pen.
- Cut out the circle.
- Use the tape to adhere the circle to the bottom of the ½ gallon ice cream container.
- Cut a piece of green construction paper to fit around the sides of the ice-cream container. You may need two pieces of construction paper.
- Use the tape to adhere the construction paper around the container.
- Cut a strip about 2″ wide out of the black construction paper – this will be the hat band.
- Cut a 4″ square out of the gray or yellow construction paper.
- Cut a rectangle in the middle of the gray or yellow construction paper about 1 1/4″ x 2″ and discard the small rectangle you just cut out – this will be the hat’s buckle.
- Check positioning of the black band by laying it around the hat about an inch above the brim. Cut off any excess construction paper where it meets in the back.
- Lay the gray or yellow buckle over the black band. When you get the layout right, tape in place.
- Add green tortilla chips and get ready to enjoy this colorful party decoration!
I hope you and your children had fun creating these crafts and enjoyed playing my St. Patrick’s Day themed bingo game! On behalf of the staff at Lakeshore RV, I’d like to wish you a safe and happy St. Patrick’s Day! Happy Camping, until next time this is SJ signing off!