After racing on the mile concrete raceway at Dover, Delaware, the NASCAR Sprint Cup series moves to the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania this week.
Drivers will tackle the 2.5 mile triangle shaped Pocono Raceway on Sunday with the running of the Party In The Poconos 400.
This race used to be known as the Pennsylvania 400, but underwent a name change this season.
76,000 fans will converge on the beautiful Pocono Mountains to enjoy the scenic surroundings and a weekend of racing action.
Plenty of those race fans will be camping either at the raceway or at the numerous campground located a short drive from the raceway.
Here are three such RV campgrounds that are near the raceway.MOUNT POCONO CAMPGROUND
This family oriented campground has 160 sites for RV camping and is located eight miles from the raceway.
It has the following amenities for RV campers:
- Full hook-up sites with water and sewer for Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes
- Entertainment center with pool table, arcades, large TV, toddler play area, fitness room, card game room, and library
- Dog friendly with a dog run on site
- Close proximity to Lost Trails ATV Adventures, Pocono International Raceway, Pocono Whitewater, Kalahari Resorts & Conventions and Mount Airy Casino Resort.
- Playground for toddlers/children
- Horseshoe Pits, Bocce Ball, Quoit Pits, Beach Volleyball, Badminton, Croquet, Ladder Golf, Bean Bag Toss, Ring Toss.
- Nature trail, leading off our property and meandering through State Game Lands.
Rates for race week range from $45-$55 daily and $225-$275 weekly.
For more information www.mtpoconocampground.comPOCONO VACATION PARK
This park for RV’s is located 12 miles from the raceway and has 315 sites, which include the following amenities:
- Full hook-up sites for Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes
- Sites for double slideouts
Rates range from $39-$49 daily and $273 weekly.
For more information www.poconovacationpark.comSILVER VALLEY CAMPSITE
Is located in the town of Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania, which is 12 miles from the raceway. This family camping resort in right in the middle of the beautiful Pocono Mountains.
This 125-site campground comes with the following:
- Full hookups for Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes
- Pull-thru sites with 50 amp electric
- Hall available for rental for wedding, birthday parties and other special events
Rates run from $44.50 to $46.50 daily and $595 per week.
For more information www.silvervalleycamp.comPOCONO RACEWAY CAMPING
Pocono Raceway offers a variety of RV camping options both inside the raceway or just outside.
Inside the raceway there are four camping options for RV’s and they are Fenceline, Preferred, Reserved or General Admission.
Along the outside of the raceway are the Trackside or Family RV areas for Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes
Kids 12 and under get free access to Infield Camping areas, Family RV Camping and trackside RV area with paying adults.
Pocono Raceway is the first NASCAR track with a dog park. It opened in June 2016 and is open daily for our RV and Camping guests.
There is a free shuttle service for all camping guests.
Kids can enjoy the playground located in the infield.
RV camping at the raceway ranges from $200-$500 for up to four days of camping.
For more information www.poconoraceway.com
for all you RV needs or Call 888-743-8278 to speak with one of our RV Sales Representatives.