The name of the campground is Lansing Cottonwood Campground, it is located in Lansing, Michigan and it is billed as Lansing's only RV park. Now I have never been to Cottonwood Campground or have even seen this establishment, but since I will be nearby for the game, I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to check it out.
Directions to the Lansing Cottonwood Campground are as follows:
- From the US 127 and I-96 junction, drive 2 miles West on I-96 to the Cedar St. Exit (Exit 104).
- Take the Cedar St. Exit, (Exit 104) drive 1/4 mile North on the exit ramp to Pennsylvania Ave.
- Turn Right (North) onto Pennsylvania Ave., drive a 1/4 mile North to Miller Rd.
- Turn Right (East) onto Miller Rd., drive 3/4 of a mile East to Aurelius Rd.
- Turn Left (North) onto Aurelius Rd., drive 3/4 of a mile North, the campground entrance will be on the right.
My Woodall's Campground Directory says the facilities include: 135 sites with a typical site width of about 30 feet, Wi-Fi internet, tent sites, RV storage, dump station, laundry, groceries, RV supplies, picnic tables and fire rings. Camping sites cost from $23-30/night per 2 persons and the campground is open May 1st through October 29th. I noticed they have premium lake front and standard lake front camp sites, how cool that would be!
For recreation they have a swimming pool, rec hall, coin games, boating, canoeing, kayaking, row-boating, pedal boat rentals, pond fishing, fishing supplies, golf nearby, playground, horseshoes, sports field, hiking trails and volleyball. They also allow pets and have partial handicap access.
I plan to look into the Lansing Cottonwood Campground in a few week's time and when I do, I hope to have much more to share with you. I thought it would be fun to share my plans with you and let you know what is out there just in case any of you are thinking about camping in the Lansing area any time soon! Hope all is well in the camping world and that you had an enjoyable Labor Day Weekend. Remember, nature is the place to be, so get out there and create some memories camping! Until next time, this is SJ from Lakeshore RV, signing off.