The area surrounding Disney World includes many RV Parks, which offer an alternative to expensive hotel accommodations.
Two of those are Orange Grove Campground & RV Park located in Kissimmee, which is about five miles from all of the Disney attractions and Fort Wilderness Resort, which is owned by the Disney Company.
Orange Grove is geared for the RV crowd, but it does offer sites for tent camping as well.
They offer for any RV camper, paved roads, large pull-thru sites and easy back-in sites.
Other amenities for the RV camper include:
- Water and sewer hook-ups on each site
- 30 & 50 Amp hookups
- Dump station
- Concrete patios
- Picnic tables on each site
- WiFi hot spot access
- Laundry and ice
Orange Grove also contains a pair of bath houses, a swimming pool and playground, activity hall and they also welcome small pets for those engaged in an extended stay.
Orange Grove also provides the perfect base camp for all that is located in Central Florida including:
- Disney World
- Universal Studios
- Short drive to beaches
- Fine dinning
Rates vary during the season at Orange Grove, but reservations are highly recommended during the busy season.
Winter RV Rates (Nov. 1st thru March 31st)
- $30 daily (includes water, sewage, electric)
- $169 weekly (includes water, sewage, electric)
- $535 monthly (plus electric and $50 deposit)
- $1,695 three-month special winter rate
If tent camping is not for you or you don't own an RV, Orange Grove offers a variety of cabin and trailer rentals.
The only camping and RV accommodations within the Walt Disney World Resort, Fort Wilderness Resort's 700 acres sits near Magic Kingdom theme park.
Owned by the Disney Company, Fort Wilderness guests receive extra hours in the parks and free Walt Disney World on-site transportation.
Fort Wilderness caters to the RV camper, but also has spots available for the tent camper as well.
Utilities and amenities you will find at Fort Wilderness are:
- 50, 30 and 20 Amp power electricity
- High-speed Internet access. Wi-fi is also available in select public spaces
- Picnic Table
- Charcoal grill
- Pets allowed in select Premium, Preferred and Full Hook-Up campsite loops
- Air-conditioned comfort stations that feature private toilets and showers, laundry facilities, telephones and ice machines
Many recreational activities are offered on the campgrounds.
- Horse and wagon rides
- Nightly Disney shows and movies
Daily rates for the peak season (January-March) are:
- Tent or pop up site ($80-85)
- Preferred RV site ($113-118)
- Premium RV site ($120-125)
Fort Wilderness also has cabins for rent that can accommodate up to six people.
A little more expensive than your typical RV Park, Fort Wilderness' proximity to the Disney Resort more than makes up for the extra cost.