It's the middle of March and you know what that means - March Madness! If you are "roughing it" and are watching the game from the comfort of your RV, chances are, you're going to need a good party dip.
In this week's installment of campground cooking, I have a few easy party dips to share with you that you can prepare in your RV's kitchen or on your campsite's picnic table. So gather the ingredients, whip up these delicious dip recipes, collect your favorite big-game supplies and gather around the TV to cheer on your favorite basketball team.Campground Party DipIngredients you will need:
1 10 ½ ounce can condensed bean with bacon soup
¼ cup chili sauce
1 teaspoon minced onion
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Corn and Black Bean SalsaIngredients you will need:
- Blend all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and chill.
- This recipe makes about 1 ½ cups.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or veggies
2 cups fresh corn kernels or canned corn
4 whole limes, juiced
1 mild green chili pepper seeded and minced
1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 small onion minced
2 garlic cloves minced
Chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 can 15 oz. prepared black beans rinsed and drained
- Drain your canned corn first. If using fresh corn boil the kernels in lightly salted water for about 5 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Place the corn kernels in a glass bowl. Stir in all of the ingredients with the corn except for the black beans.
- Add the beans gently into the salsa at the very end.
- Cover salsa and refrigerate until you are ready to eat your snack!
The salsa can be refrigerated for up to three days. Serve with tortilla chips, on top of skillet fish, on a baked potato, with a fresh-cooked quesadilla on a freshly grilled chicken breast - whatever you want, the sky is the limit!
If it just so happens that there is leftover salsa after the big game, drain and add your favorite shredded cheese to taste. Cover a tortilla with the mixture and toast in a griddle, skillet or toaster oven for a deliciously yummy snack!
Enjoy the dips and enjoy the game! If you don't have a good place to watch the big game at your campsite, or chef-friendly kitchen that makes preparing party meals easy, then it's time you checked out the Cougar 327RES rear entertainment fifth wheel or the Outback 298RE rear entertainment travel trailer.
Until next time, this is SJ from Lakeshore RV
and I would like to wish you Good Eating and Happy camping!