Our favorite season is coming up fast, and if you're in the market for an RV, you should be excited too! It's RV show season! Sure, it's definitely fun to browse the many amazing RVs out there, but if you're looking to make a serious purchase or are considering it, there are some things to keep in mind! Here are some great tips to help you this RV show season!
Before you head out to an RV show, above all else, you'll want to think about what your budget is for an RV. Since RVs can range anywhere from around $10,000 to $500,000 and more, you'll want to walk in with at least a ballpark figure in mind, that way you know which RVs to look out for! Also think about how you'll finance your RV, and consider arranging for financing before you head down to the show if you plan on buying on the spot!
Type of RV
This decision doesn't necessarily have to be set in stone before you head to an RV show, but consider which type of RV is best going to suit your needs! Your tow vehicle can definitely limit the type of RV you choose
, as you'll have to ensure that it can handle the load that you'll be towing! Pop-ups are perfect for beginners with SUVs or trucks, or even capable cars! Travel trailers, fifth wheels, and toy haulers require a more sturdy truck, while motorhomes have driving capabilities built into the chassis, eliminating the need for a tow vehicle altogether!
Who is going to go camping with you? How much space will you need for everyone to stay comfortable? This is another factor that you should keep in mind before RV shows, so you'll be able to tour models that are designed for your specific needs! Some things to consider include:
- Number of people staying - Are the kids coming along, or is it just you and a partner? Will you ever have overnight guests?
- Sleeping space - Will kids be comfortable on convertible furniture, or do they need bunk beds?
- Seating space - Is there room for everyone to sit comfortably, or will it be too cramped for your needs?
- Floor plan - What layout works best for you? Do you want your kitchen in the front? Want an outdoor kitchen? There is a large variety of layouts, so do your research!
What Will Your RV Be Used For?
The beauty of RVs is that you can take them practically anywhere, but make sure you choose an RV that caters to your specific needs! Consider the following:
- Will you be traveling full-time or for extended periods, or mostly on weekends?
- What destinations do you plan on traveling to? Will there be rough terrain? Are you planning on dry camping?
- Are you going to keep your RV in one spot permanently or will you move it seasonally?
- Is your RV just a space to sleep, or do you want to make it your second home?
It's important to determine how much storage space you'll want in an RV, as this can vary greatly across different brands and models! If you like to travel light or are just going to be taking weekend trips mostly, you may not need a lot of storage space! Some travel trailers and pop-ups are notorious for having very little closet storage, so keep that in mind! Do you need a lot of utility space? Just keep your needs and travel plans in mind! Check out this guide
for more information on choosing the right RV!
The best way to know if you're getting a great deal at an RV show is to do your research beforehand! Come see us here at Lakeshore RV center
or give us a call at 231-903-6538, and we can help you determine which type of RV is best for you, and to keep an eye out for the best deals. As many people attend RV shows mainly just to look, feel free to stop by after the show and we'll get you set up with that RV you had your eye on for a great price! These tips for this RV show season will help you to choose the perfect RV for your needs! Even if you're on a mission to find an RV with your specific needs, be sure to explore and have fun! Check out all the new technologies and features that this year's RVs have, and make it a fun experience! What are you looking for at your next RV show? Comment to share!